- This event has passed.
Visit Santa’s Grotto at Dalton Park
13 November, 2021 – 24 December, 2021
What would Christmas be without a traditional visit to Santa’s Grotto to tell him what is on your secret ‘wish list’?
We are delighted that we can invite Santa back to Dalton Park this year.
Our elves have been busy behind the scenes to ensure your visit is safe and Covid-19 compliant. Rest assured our team at the North Pole and Dalton Park are doing their very best so that your family can experience some real festive magic.
Although, like all of us, Santa will have to follow Government guidelines, your little ones will be able to meet him face to face in a magical grotto to tell him all their Christmas wishes and have a photograph to take away.
- Saturdays from 13th November – until 18th December: 10am – 5pm
- Sundays from 14th November – until 19th December: 11am – 5pm
- Week before Christmas: Monday 20th December to Friday 24th December 10am – 5pm
- Entry to grotto, meet Santa Claus and receive a gift from Santa – £5.00 per child
- Photograph with Santa – £2.50 per child
- Cash and contactless payment available
- Parents are welcome free of charge
You can find Santa in his special grotto outside of the Play Park. You do not need to queue to enter the shopping centre, there is a separate entrance to the grotto itself.
On arrival make your way directly from the car park and make your way past McDonald’s, where you will find the grotto queue.
We are returning to a ‘turn up’ system with no booking slots required.
Social distancing and regular cleaning measures will be in place and government guidance checked daily. Make your way to the Grotto outside of the Play Park where one of Santa’s little helpers will be on hand to help out.
In planning this event and for your peace of mind and safety, we have carefully adhered to the government guidelines and worked closely with our Safety, Health and Environment team to offer the best protection possible for visitors and staff. Below are some of the key measures we have put in place:
1) Customers are advised not come onsite if they or anyone in their households are displaying symptoms of coronavirus or are currently required to self-isolate.
2) Social distancing of 2 metres can always (and should) be maintained, especially when queuing to enter.
3) Hand sanitisers are available at the entrance of the Grotto.
4) Government guidance will always be monitored to ensure we are fully compliant with the current regulations should these change at short notice.
Update 30/11/2021: Visitors must wear a face covering* when entering the grotto, and additional compliance is now in place to ensure Santa at a safe social distance when seated and for photos.
*Rules apply unless medically exempt or under 11 and will be reviewed by government.
Please ensure you always follow up to date government Covid-19 guidance, visit: www.gov.uk/coronavirus.