The purpose of your role is to first and foremost sell our beautiful products. When we talk about selling we mean selling the Radley Way, through offering exceptional customer service and ensuring Radley fans have a great experience when they visit one of our stores. Furthermore you are an ambassador for our brand and your role is to uphold the Radley image at all times.
As an Assistant Manager, you should regard your position as partnering your Store Manager, offering your manager the required support to enable the store to function smoothly and with great success. You are effectively a ‘Store Manager in training’ and under the guidance of your line manager should look to involve yourself in all aspects of store life.
- Providing an exceptional level of customer service ensuring that by the end of their experience in store, customers leave with a beaming smile on their face (preferably with a bag of goodies too!)
- To strive to meet and exceed all set targets and KPIs set for you as well as team goals. In addition, you should be actively managing the performance of all team members and continually look to improve output.
- Create an environment that ensures that they know that you are accessible at all times to provide support and guidance (on your shift that is, we do not expect you to offer a 24/7 service!)
- You will be required to open, close, respond to alarm callouts and manage the store in its entirety, taking responsibility for all aspects of store life from people issues to paperwork.
- Responsibility for handover notes between shifts.
- Owning all administration from new starter documentation to rotas to banking.
- Dealing with people issues from recruitment & induction, to disciplinary & grievances to performance management and performance reviews & observations.
- Developing your team to perform even better through encouraging them to learn and refine their skills and ensure they feel engaged and empowered in their roles.
- Leading floor walks alongside your Regional Manager.
- Stock allocation and stock control including actively preventing theft and stock loss.
- Analysing store performance through knowing your best sellers and allocating team members zones in store to focus on driving the sales of particular product groups.
- Actively building and maintaining relationships with key contacts across all sides of the business.
- An awareness of what’s happening in the local area in terms of marketing opportunities, new store openings and observing competitors.
- A broad awareness of everything that is happening in store as well as the goings on in the local area which could impact on our business.
- Adept in dealing with people issues.
- A great understanding of how to use KPI / data provided to improve store performance
- Great communication skills, with the ability to adapt your style dependant on your audience, whether that is a Sales Assistant, Regional Manager or visitors to the store.
- Good at building and maintaining working relationships.
- The ability to impact and influence business decisions and your store manager.
- Great coaching and leaderships skills
- Ability to diffuse challenging situations with customer or team member.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- An excellent grasp of the written and spoken English language as well as sound Maths skills.
- Passion for the brand
- A flexible and efficient approach to completing tasks
- Flexibility to work additional hours to cover sickness, holiday or during peak periods.
- Adaptable with a willingness and drive to learn and develop
- Methodical, thorough with great attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service capability and selling skills
- Enthusiasm galore
- Fully Flexible, 5 over 7 days.
Closing date: 21st August 2022
To apply please hand a CV into store and ask for the store manager.