Since we opened back in 2003, Dalton Park continues to support and work with several non-for-profit community groups and charities across the region and the country.
We also support a chosen charity, which is selected by our on-site team and supported centre-wide annually.
Our charity partner
We’re delighted our chosen charity for 2023-24 is County Durham & Sunderland Foodbank (seeded by The Trussell Trust).
Helping local people in crisis
Since the charity started in Durham in late 2011, The County Durham and Sunderland Foodbank has grown rapidly both with its coverage of these areas and numbers fed.
In November 2017, an additional need was identified to expand their services to support families in the Sunderland area.
Despite high numbers, they never forget that each person coming to the foodbank is an individual and not simply a statistic, which is why they spend time listening and endeavouring to signpost individuals and families towards the most appropriate further help to resolve their current crisis.
The impact of the County Durham and Sunderland Foodbank is not just limited to those who receive food. It also has mobilised a wonderful group of volunteers and thousands of amazingly generous donors, without whom, none of what they do could be possible.
How do we support County Durham & Sunderland Foodbanks?
- Our contactless Wishing Well, where guests can safely donate to the charity while shopping
- Charity fundraising days and staff volunteering at the Chester-le-Street depot
- Foodbank donations from our Morrisons superstore
- Raising the profile of the fantastic work they do
- Charity boxes distributed across all stores in the mall and on our customer service desk
- Local heroes from the foodbank will be invited to switch on our Christmas lights
- Call out for volunteering support across our channels