Do you have a passion for food, hospitality and high quality service? Korma is currently recruiting a Sous Chef to join its new restaurant team.
Korma is a brand new Indian casual dining restaurant serving up an innovative and on trend fusion menu. You will be at the forefront of Korma’s journey helping to lead the Kitchen in a fast paced large cover restaurant.
As a sous chef at Korma, you’ll support the kitchen management team to oversee all aspects of our back of
house operation the Wagamama way. embodying our values through how you show up at work, you’ll be
responsible for ensuring the quality of our food, managing inventory and various kitchen operations. You will
develop and grow our junior chefs, ensuring they are engaged, motivated and meeting our standard. you’ll be
passionate about people, fresh food and cooking and have experience in managing and motivating a team to
meet high standards, this is a great role for those also looking to progress their career to head chef in the future.
What we are looking for:
● Experience managing or supervising a kitchen team and taking ownership in your role through positive
behaviours + actions.
● At least 3 years relevant experience with a proven track record of managing a section.
● A strong communicator, that has real conversations with consideration and care, supporting your
management team in making sure your kitchen is performing at a high standard of service.
● Experienced in supporting to ensure your kitchen’s food, health and safety standards are spotless.
● Aware of the financial performance of a kitchen including gp and stock control.
● Experienced in managing the labour and rotas.
● Passionate about creating an inclusive environment where your team feel respected + that they belong.
● An individual who leads to inspire and engage their team to nourish and flourish in their role and career.
● Passionate about working with fresh food and ingredients.
Benefits to include include:
● Bereavement leave.
● Company events.
● Employee discount.
● Health & wellbeing programme.
● Sick pay.
Ready to apply?
Please email your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected].