Zapatista Burrito Bar was established in 2012, we have been at the forefront of burrito rolling in the North East for over 11 years. Our commitment to fresh, tasty Mexican-inspired food, customer satisfaction, and fostering a collaborative work environment has helped us shape the North East’s favourite independent burrito bar.
- Quality ingredients: We take pride in delivering fresh Mexican ingredients that meet and exceed our customers’ expectations on a daily basis
- Teamwork: Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We value diverse perspectives and encourage open communication among all of our managers, team members, and kitchen staff.
- Customer-Centric: Our customers are our most valuable asset. We are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service to every individual and will always go that extra mile.
Company History – We opened our first store on Ridley Place, Newcastle just over 11 years ago, Newcastle’s first burrito bar! After roaring success and a loyal customer base, we opened our second Newcastle store, followed by our Durham store. All units continue to thrive and exuberate our company values of –
GREAT FOOD; GOOD VENUES; GREAT SERVICE
Why Join Us:
- Opportunity for Growth: We invest in our employees’ development and provide a clear path for career advancement into management roles.
- Work-Life Balance: We understand the importance of a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible scheduling options.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We embrace diversity and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to contribute their unique perspectives.
We are looking for FRIENDLY, ENTHUSIASTIC, and PROACTIVE individuals to join our Front of House team with the key role of making some of our tasty dishes and delivering exceptional customer service. We also have opportunities for management roles for the right candidate as we look to open our next venue and spread the burrito love.
Part time or full time, you choose!
A full time position requires you to work 35-40hours, 4 days per week.
As a team member, you’ll make it happen, whether you’re preparing food, serving on the till, packing delivery orders, or being out in the dining areas looking after our customers’ needs. You will consistently deliver the highest standards of quality, service, and cleanliness in the restaurant. Provide friendly, fast, and accurate service. Complete tasks and activities in line with training, company guidelines, and management direction. Follow all workplace safety, security, and food hygiene procedures. Treat all customers and colleagues with courtesy and respect working as a supportive team member.
Friendly, welcoming, courteous, and helpful behaviour will come naturally to you and you’ll work well as part of a team. Effective communication skills such as attentive listening, face-to-face verbal communication, and eye contact are a must.
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Food preparation: 1 year (preferred)
- customer Service: 1 year (preferred)
Please apply online here