Are you looking for a job that brings prestige, pride and creativity while providing a stable income and excellent career?
Do you have a passion for food and high quality service? Korma is currently recruiting a Head Chef to manage its new kitchen team.
Korma is a brand new Indian casual dining restaurant serving up an innovative and on trend fusion menu. You will be at the forefront of Korma’s journey leading the kitchen team in a fast paced large cover restaurant. If you are someone who thrives in a busy atmosphere, can handle the pressure of a busy kitchen, and has stamina, creativity and attention-to-detail then this is the perfect job for you.
The Head Chef role responsibilities include:
● Controlling and directing the food preparation process.
● Approving and polishing dishes before they reach the customer.
● Managing and working closely with other Chefs of all levels.
● Creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes ensuring variety and quality.
● Determining food inventory needs, stocking and ordering.
● Ultimately responsible for ensuring the kitchen meets all regulations including sanitary and food safety
● Being responsible for health and safety.
● Being responsible for food hygiene practices.
Qualifications and experience:
● NVQ Level 3 in food, catering or the equivalent.
● Level 3 Food Safety Awards.
● Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace.
● Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
● Awareness of manual handling techniques.
● Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) and chemical safety.
● Experience of kitchen equipment.
● Experience of dangerous equipment such as knives.
● Competent level of English spoken and written.
Alongside the above the ideal candidate will posses:
● Ability to produce excellent high-quality food.
● Excellent knowledge of all sections, including front of house.
● Good oral communication.
● Team management skills.
● High level of attention to detail.
● Good knowledge of Indian and fusion cuisine.
● Good level of numeracy.
● Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge plus those around you.
● Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes.
● Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work.
● Positive and approachable manner.
● Team player qualities.
If you are enthusiastic about self-development and embrace opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge
whenever possible, you could be the Head chef for us.
While working as a Head Chef you will gain a vast cross section of transferable skills such as organisation,
communication, problem-solving, multitasking, diligence and attention-to-detail that can be utilised in all aspects of your career development.
Benefits to include include:
● Bereavement leave.
● Company events.
● Employee discount.
● Health & wellbeing programme.
● Sick pay.
Ready to apply?
Please email your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected]