Get your bunting at the ready! You’re invited to join us and have a royally good time to celebrate the run up to the King’s Coronation.
We’ve been scouring the stores on the park to find the best coronation-themed gifts, treats and merchandise and we’ve picked some of our favourites to share with you. From stunning pieces to decorate your street party tables, to fashion accessories that are as memorable as the ceremony itself.
1. Limited Edition Handbags
Firstly, we have Radley London’s beautiful special-edition picture bag that features a creative scene of the Coronation with their beloved Scottie Dog.
Radley’s beautiful grab bag is an investment piece that will mark the royal occasion in style. You can also pick up a matching medium bifold purse or canvas tote in store too!
2. Coronation tableware
So, you’ve got your bunting ready but what about your crockery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Denby is offering up to 70% off their Imperial Blue Stoneware table range to celebrate the Coronation! The perfect stoneware to decorate your street party tables as it’s always in style and guaranteed to last.
Make your own Celebration Cake with Denby
Make your own showstopper with this delicious & colourful Coronation Celebration Cake.
You will need
200g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
200g caster sugar
200g unsalted butter, softened
4 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons milk
For the filling:-
250ml double cream, whipped
A mix of summer fruits
Icing sugar to dust
- Heat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5.
- Grease 2 loose bottomed sandwich tins and line with baking paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, either by hand or using an electric mixer.
- Add the milk and the eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Gently fold in the flour and baking powder. Ensure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Divide the mixture between each cake tin and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until risen and slightly springy to the touch.
- Let the cake cool completely before decorating on a Denby plate or platter. We used whipped double cream, summer fruits and a sprinkle of icing sugar.
3. Coronation Cookies
A cookie fit for a King! Millie’s Cookies have designed delicious cookies to celebrate the coronation!
Head into store now to get your own personalised cookies ready for the weekend ahead!
4. Time for tea?
Mark the special date with Marks and Spencer’s Coronation Union Jack mug. This coronation keepsake is made from bone china meaning it can be conveniently popped in the dishwasher.
5. WIN a Coronation Lindt Hamper
Treat yourself to a limited-edition hamper of decadent red, white and blue Lindor Truffles for the Coronation worth £50!
Please note – this competition has now closed.
Visiting Dalton Park over the Bank Holiday weekend? See our opening times ahead of your journey.