Glued to the Great British Bake Off? Us too! Denby Pottery have shared some fantastic recipes for you to try out with the family! This week it’s all about the humble crumble!
Autumn Plum, Apple & Cinnamon Crumble by Bakes by Michelle
A deliciously tempting Plum, Apple & Cinnamon Crumble to enjoy with all of the family by @Bakesbymichelle.
Prepped, baked and served in one of our eye-catching Studio Grey Ridged Bowls which is ideal for using in the oven and serving straight to the table. The deeper bowl shape also ensures there’s a generous amount of filling.
Autumn Plum, Apple & Cinnamon Crumble by @Bakesbymichelle.
• 3 Bramley apples (roughly chopped)
• 5 large plums (quartered)
• 70g soft brown sugar (or less depending on sweetness of fruits)
• 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 340g plain flour
• 170g unsalted butter
• 130g soft brown sugar
• 65g jumbo porridge oats
• 35g roasted chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat oven to 170 fan.
2. Peel, core and roughly chop apples.
3. Quarter plums and place all the fruits in the bowl. Scatter over sugar and sprinkle cinnamon and roughly toss all together.
4. To make the crumble topping, rub butter and flour together to breadcrumb consistency, add sugar, porridge oats, and nuts and mix thoroughly.
5. Bake for 50-60minutes until golden brown and fruit is bubbling around the edges.
To see how you could use your Denby stoneware to cook and bake, read our tips below.
Tips for Baking with Denby Stoneware
Bowls, bowls, bowls
Whether you’re an experienced home baker or have simply been inspired by this year’s Great British Bake Off, we have everything you need to create a show-stopper of your very own. When it comes to baking at home, you can never have too many bowls! Investing in an assortment of different sizes means you can vary the way that you prep, bake and serve, depending on the occasion – our stoneware pieces are so versatile, they can also be used from breakfast to supper and everything in-between.