Making pancakes this evening? With this fluffy American pancakes recipe from ProCook, you’ll never need another!
Fluffy American Style Pancakes
• 145g self-raising flour
• 1 tbsp caster sugar
• 1 heaped tsp baking powder
• A pinch of salt
• 140ml milk
• 1 large egg
• 80g melted butter, plus extra for cooking
• Maple syrup
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a jug, whisk together the egg and milk, followed by the melted butter.
- Gradually pour your milk mixture into the well and whisk, slowly combining the wet ingredients with the dry until a smooth batter is formed. Allow the batter to sit for a minute or two.
- Heat your non-stick crepe pan over a medium heat with a knob of butter. Once melted add a ladle of batter.
- Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles start to appear, before flipping and cooking the other side until golden.
- Repeat this process, adding extra butter if required until you have used up all of the batter.
- Serve your pancakes stacked up high with a good drizzle of quality maple syrup.