Denby have got the perfect cocktail recipes for you to enjoy in the sunshine. Choose between a refreshing gin cocktail, mint & lime mojito or a rose, rhubarb and juniper mocktail.
A Country Garden Cocktail
The UK’s love affair with gin has reached new heights in recent years with more bottles of the juniper-based drink being sold than ever before.
Derbyshire based-distillery, White Peak Distillery, have shared their recipe with us for a Country Garden Cocktail which offers a twist on a classic G&T.
- 50ml Gin
- 75ml Apple Juice
- 25ml Elderflower Liquer
- Add Soda to taste
- Orange peel (to garnish)
- Shake all the ingredients except the orange peel with ice and strain into a tall glass.
- Top with soda water and stir briefly before adding ice.
- Garnish with orange peel and serve.
Mint and Lime Mojito
Try this delicious and refreshing mint and lime mojito cocktail recipe this weekend.
With the option of a cocktail and a mocktail, you can make sure there’s a drink to suit everyone.
- 2 limes, 1 x squeezed and 1 x sliced for garnish
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp sugar
- 65ml white rum
- Soda water, to taste
- Fresh mint sprig, to garnish
- Mix the lime juice with the sugar in a glass, we have used our Halo Red Wine Glasses.
- With a pestle and mortar, muddle the mint leaves and add into the glass.
- Pour in the ice and then the rum.
- Top up with soda water and garnish with slices of lime and mint.
Rose, Rhubarb and Juniper Mocktail
A non alcoholic option, this is the perfect mocktail recipe to enjoy in the sunshine.
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp rhubarb and juniper syrup (1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup chopped rhubarb, handful of crushed juniper berries
- Rose lemonade
- Chopped rhubarb and juniper berries for garnish
- To make the syrup combine the water, sugar and rhubarb in a saucepan. Over a high heat, stir to dissolve the sugar. Then add the juniper berries and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain the rhubarb and juniper berries and allow to cool.
- Add ice into a glass, we used our Imperial Blue Red Wine Glasses. Pour in the lemon juice and syrup and top with rose lemonade. Finish with rhubarb, juniper berries and mint, then serve.