Make staying in unique by taking the time to plan meals, create welcoming settings and present your food and drink in style. It’s easy to elevate any meal by carefully selecting versatile eating, cooking and serving pieces that can be used from breakfast to supper, and everything in between. From breakfasts with coffee and pastries to dinnertimes with your household around the table, make the most of this time at home.
Here are some of our favourite moments to enjoy at home:
Take some extra time over breakfast brew your favourite coffee blend in a cafeteria and enjoy some delicious pastries fresh from the oven.
Find a recipe to recreate your favourite takeaway at home and replace the takeaway containers with beautiful serving pieces. Bowls of all sizes and platters are great for serving sauces and breads and will help make the meal feel extra special. Check out the recipe from Pizza Express for their iconic dough balls here.
The sun has already started to make an appearance. It’s great to get into the garden and have some fresh air.
Our cast iron can be used on the bbq and our stoneware is durable enough for outdoor dining, so no plastic plates are required.
One Pot Wonders
Gather your household around the table to enjoy a delicious casserole dish. A wholesome and comforting recipe, it’s also great for batch cooking and freezing.
Recipe: Smoky Sausage Casserole
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 red or yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- 6 pork sausages
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini or mixed beans, drained
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
1. On a medium heat, pour the oil into a casserole dish and add the onion. Cook for 5 mins until it begins to soften. Add in the peppers, celery and garlic and stir well. Cook for 5 mins more.
2. Adjust the heat to high and add in the sausages. Cook for a few mins until browned all over, then reduce the heat to medium, sprinkle in the spices and season. Pour in the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer gently for 40 mins, stirring occasionally.
3. Uncover the casserole and turn the heat too high. Add the beans and stir to warm through. Finish with chopped parsley and serve.
Although Denby Retail Stores are temporarily closed, you can still access the lines which would have been available in their outlet stores and buy via their website. This includes Denby ranges (in Best Quality or Seconds) and a number of other Cookshop and Homewares items.
These orders will be delivered directly to your door (note that updated courier protocols and processes are in place to ensure the health and well-being of our customers and teams). If you are ordering our seconds products, our normal seconds price will be applied to your order (30% off RRP) and our team will confirm the current price to you when you call.